Social media has become the platform that doesn’t just connect you with a worldwide audience. It has also become the venue for breaking news to circulate and become a hot topic. Most of the time, social media already captures the story even before traditional media gets their coverage and this is the reason why more people tune in to popular social networks when in search of news that can be the talk of the town.
Social media people usually find excitement in becoming the bearer of fresh news and topics that will trend on social media channels. But it doesn’t stop at that, because trending topics also bring advantages for social media marketers who want to put their brand visible where people gather to have conversations.
Trending topics can have an effect on your social media marketing campaign provided that you will make the right strategies work. There are social media platforms that people use to uncover trending and these include Twitter, Facebook, and Google Trends.
If you have a business or if you are a marketer, you have to know what the trending topics are and grab the opportunity to relate to your target audience. The fact that the point of discussion is already there, you should be able to make your opinion heard and connect with your audience especially with the help of a social media management and marketing platform. Hot topics make it easier for you to establish greater engagement and even take your social media marketing strategy to a higher level.
To give you some ideas, listed below are some of the techniques that will make trending topics work to your advantage:
- Stay alert of what’s trending on different social media accounts. There are tools that you can use so you will be alerted if there is a hot topic that you can share to your audience. Google Trends, Trendsmap, and Yahoo trends all offer information on what’s currently trending including news, photos and videos.
- Use Facebook’s trending topics to know what your followers are interested in. This feature can be found on the top righthand side of your Facebook account. Check out the topics that are being perused by most social media users and pick the ones that you can use to connect with your audience. By knowing the trending topics on Facebook you can increase the chance of getting the most number of likes and shares once you post your content.
- Explore what your audiences usually search for. Based on the interest of your audience, you need to come up with hot topics and queries that can capture their attention and tap into their curiosity. Once hot topics are intensified, you need to create content that is relevant and valuable to create the reaction that you want from your target audience.
- Use hashtags. Hashtags became a common sight in social media channels such as Facebook, Google+ and Twitter. Hashtags are great conversation starters and you can create a thread or join discussions by simply using the # symbol. Hashtags should guide you in creating content that suits what’s trending now and leverage the chance for you to connect with your leads.
- Promote on time. Strike while the iron is hot. This is a very important consideration if you want to increase the reach and coverage of your content. Get your post shared across networks where your target audiences are. Perfect timing matters to ensure that your post will create excitement and curiosity.
Trending topics can help leverage your content marketing efforts. If you are a marketer and looks forward to positive response from your campaign you have to take advantage of hot topics to be able to reach out to your target audiences.